Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Scoping out some Wicked Wedding Venues

I have been obsessed lately with finding a wicked sweet place to have our wedding. I thought it would be fairly simple to find various places... but in actuality its alot harder than I thought. As you all know Matt and I love the outdoors and we all know Matt doesn't like "Your typical wedding" so that makes things a bit interesting when it comes to looking for a cerimony site.

The Scene:
A park ~ Preferably by some body of water whether it be a lake or the Puget Sound. We want a park so we can play games after the cerimony and after the traditonal foodies, toasts, wedding cake or in our case pies... and so on.
The Games ~ Bocce Ball, Frisbee, Flip-Flop, Croquet, maybe even Badminton??


Potential Sites of Question as of current date~

Kiana Lodge- Location: Poulsboish area
This place is pretty sweet. It is located right on the sound, has a grassy area, very beautiful photo opportunities, and you can have a beach fire!

Farm Kitchen- Location Poulsboish area again! Its just pretty there!
This place is pretty awesome too! I loved the idea of the farm and all of the cool plants and flowers growing there! The place seems cool but the first one is my numero uno choice. ;)

Semiahmoo Resort- Location: Just north of Bellingham (Blaine)
This place is just beautiful. I love walking along the beach here and its cool that you can see White Rock Canada from there! I just love the water and the Hotel itself is beautiful!

Lairmont Manor- Location: Fairhaven
I love Fairhaven and the area around it. I never knew of this place before searching for weddings. This place is very nice and it looks so vintage and cool. The pictures on the website are beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Wow those are are super nice! So far I like the first one the best (just by looking at the pictures, but I also really like the 3rd one...but I like 2 and 4 too :) If you and Matt can't decide and need your girls to come up to check them out with you, I bet Jami and Lauren and I could figure something out :)

    ReplyDelete